Superintendent of Works
The Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm is seeking a Superintendent of Works. We are looking for a proven leader who will provide leadership and direction, and provide quality service to the citizens of the town.
• This individual will be expected to work closely with the Town Manager in dealing with the public.
• The Superintendent will offer assistance and direction in ensuring understanding and compliance with the development and maintenance of the Town’s infrastructure, and for the provision of services relating to operations and public works.
• The Superintendent of Public Works assumes responsibility for a wide variety of duties related to the management and supervision of outside operations, municipal facilities and infrastructure, capital works, water maintenance, and public works.
• It is expected that this person will respond to the public on issues pertaining to the department, and provide direction and advice on all matters related to these essential municipal services.
• The Superintendent attends Public Works committee meetings and provides professional advice and direction to Council and the Town Manager on issues or concerns related to the following: outside operations, services, snow clearing operations, roads maintenance, municipal infrastructure, the Town’s water supply, sewage systems, and other critical areas of operations and public works.
As Superintendent of Public Works, you will report directly to the Town Manager. The successful candidate would ideally have practical experience in a municipal environment or a suitable and related field. Working knowledge of modern computer technology. The successful candidate must possess strong organizational skills as well as good oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate must be willing to complete any courses as required.
Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume with references on or before 4:30 PM, January 24, 2017 to:
Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm
P.O. Box 10
Roddickton, NL A0K 4P0
Or by email
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants.