Applications are now being accepted for SWASP. Students who have already submitted resumes and want to be considered for a Swasp placement must reapply. There is an application available at the Town Office to be completed by students interested in SWASP.
Students complete a 280-hour community service placement (normally over an 8 week period) The student will receive a Tuition Voucher (valued at $1,470 in 2017), redeemable at any recognized post-secondary institution upon completion of 280 hours; and Receive a cash stipend (valued at $1,540 in 2017) over the course of the placement, paid or bi-weekly. Typically students employed under SWASP received more hours ie. more money than those on other student programs.
Students must meet ALL these criteria:
* Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee under Immigration Refugee Protection Act;
* Must be planning to attend a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis in the coming academic year;
* Must have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year;
* Must be between 15 and 30 years old (inclusive);
* May NOT hold another full-time job (30 hours per week or more) while on the SWASP placement;
* May NOT be attending classes full-time while on the SWASP placement.
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Apply IN PERSON at the Town Office.