Town Clerk Position
The Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm is now accepting applications for the position of Town Clerk. The individual shall be energetic and vibrant applicant with a combination of educational training and work experience to fulfill the duties of Town Clerk.
The successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to, acting as secretary to the Town Manager and as Corporate Secretary to Council; attending meetings of council and functions, and being responsible for the safekeeping of all documents and records. The Clerk will also act as Treasurer and is responsible for such things as payroll, cash receipts, accounts payable, financial recording, working with the public and similar duties. All other duties as outlined in the Municipalities Act.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications: (the Town reserves the right to evaluate based on work experience and education)
1. A degree, certificate or diploma in business administration or office administration from an accredited institution would be an asset
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills
3. Computer training and experience
4. Be proficient and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, email etc.
5. A working knowledge of computer accounting
6. Combined education and experience will be considered
7. Be bondable
All applicants must apply in writing with a resume and three work related references to the undersigned on or before Friday, 4:00 PM, September 21st, 2018. Applications received after that time or date may not be considered.
Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm
P.O. Box 10